* Officials “desperate” to swap floating-rate debt for fixed
* Without swap, Greece faces Sisyphean task, govt source
* Banks asked for quotes on the cost of swap as talks
* Greek debt relief expected to dominate Dec. 5 Eurogroup
* IMF recommends swap but acknowledges political challenges
By George Georgiopoulos and Abhinav Ramnarayan
ATHENS/LONDON, Nov 28 Greece is pushing its
creditors to fix the borrowing costs on its massive debt pile at
current low levels in a bid to save millions of euros in coupon
payments if interest rates rise.
The priority is to fix the repayments on the largest chunk
of the 228 billion euros owed to official creditors from its
three financial rescue packages.
The 162.7 billion euro…
Read the full article at: http://www.reuters.com/article/eurozone-bonds-greece-idUSL8N1DN3CM?feedType=RSS&feedName=bondsNews